i didn't forget


it's amazing how when you stop doing something for a while you almost seem to forget how to come back to it. I haven't forgotten about my quiet little blog, I think of it every now and then. I believe in my last post published I talked about how I had gone on a social media hiatus. I did. And I came back from it. And then my laptop decided to say goodbye forever a few days later. I can't buy a new one right now, and if the problem is what I think it is (I've done a ton of research on it), it would cost more than that laptop did to repair it.

there are other computers in my house but they are shared with the rest of my family and used often by others for school and work, so when I am able to use one of them, blogging is pretty much the furthest thing from my mind. This is okay with me though, because it's helping me to focus on other things right now. here is a little life update if y'all would like to hear what I've been up to these last few months:

I've made a ton more time for reading again lately and I love it so so much. I haven't read this much in years and I forgot how much I loved it. I carry at least one book with me pretty much at all times now. haha! If you want to see what I've been reading and maybe even swap book recommendations, the link to my goodreads profile is at the top of the page next to my header. ;)

I can't recall if I've mentioned it or not but since the school year started, I've been babysitting four afternoons a week, we had snow the weekend before last so I spent a few full days babysitting when school was out too.
I've actually managed to fix my sleep schedule, which was a huge problem for me for a few years. sleep is pretty cool, I guess. xD
obviously I made time to play in the snow when we had it. I may be a legal adult but if there's snow, I'm going to enjoy it. ;)
Let's see, what else have I been up to?

I saw Taylor Swift in concert a few months ago - we got good seats and had the best time ever! Andrea was SO close to my friend Joy and I at one point and we started freaking out!!!! I love concerts so much. ^_^
I saw Mockingjay Pt. 2 with Joy as well (and my sister and our good friend who is also named Sarah!)...it felt like the end of a freaking era. I am not ashamed to say I cried a little in the theater. And when the mutts came out I jumped so high in my seat, even though I read the books and knew it was coming. haha
I went ice skating for the first time in almost 2 years and the usual place wasn't open yet so we went to a different one...it was interesting to say the least. For one thing, let's just say there was a dude skating around reading a book while listening to music, 'kay?

Christmas break was interesting. I went bowling for the first time ever and had beginner's luck resulting in a strike on my first turn. I'm not the greatest bowler. haha Several relatives visited for Christmas and I got some fun gifts, ate some good food, and had some great times.
A few weeks ago we had to put our Jack Russell Terrier, Spike, to sleep. He was really old, uncomfortable, grumpy, and very protective over his food, resulting in him biting my sister a couple days after Christmas, so we knew it was his time to go. It was for the best, but as with every loss it is still hard. <3

I can't think of much more to say, my tea is getting cold and I'm getting sleepy, so I'll say goodbye and leave you all with something my dentist said to me last time I saw her, because it made me think of my blog. ;)

"If you're gonna do something your mama told you not to, at least use your head, 'cause you usually know when you're in over it."

later, friends. maybe I'll post again before it's been almost three more months. ;)

xoxo Sarah


p.s. 5 or 6 years ago I would not have thought I would ever say type these words, but...I like Justin Bieber now. There, it's out. haha Anyone else liking his new album?



3 comments :

  1. A guy reading a book while ice skating!? Now that is impressive!!!

    I'll listen to Justin Bieber if I don't have any other options while driving, but no, I still can't convince myself to like him!

    Sarah || theteenagedreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah!! It was cool but it shouldn't have been allowed!
      I gotcha! Yeah, I kept hearing people saying they liked his new album so I gave it a try and found I actually liked some of the songs. xD

      Thanks for reading and commenting! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
    After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete