Fall favorites



"Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day." -Shira Tamir 

Some of my favorite fall things include:

  • being able to wear flannel without being asked why (even though it still is pretty warm here)
  • apples, apple cider, apple butter, apple crisp (I like apples more than pumpkin. so sue me.)
  • boots!
  • evening walks and drives
  • finding the crunchiest leaves to step on, always.
  • SWEATERS. I'm actually trying to cut down on my things a bit, but I think more sweaters is an okay thing.
  • knitting. I know you can do this year 'round, but it just seems more fun in the fall. ;)
  • reading. fall reading should definitely be a thing. 
  • hoodie weather 
  • holidays getting closer!! I am one of "those people" who loves Christmas. a lot.
  • yummy special holiday food
  • hot beverages: as far as tea, coffee, hot cocoa, and hot apple cider go, I'll drink 'em alllll
  • seasonal baking 
  • THE COLORS. and the sunsets that make them look even more golden and beautiful!
  • the mountains in fall. Not that I go much, but when I do...breathtaking.
  • jumping in leaf piles. I'm still a little kid at heart. :)
  • soup season. I love soup. I would eat soup all the time. but unless it's cold out, it's usually not being made in our house. :(
  • I'm not a huge fan of sports, but if football season means it's fall, I'll accept it. Plus, there's the super bowl food to look forward to. ;)
  • bonfires. although I'm not a fan of how your front gets roasted while the back of you is freezing, and then your clothes and hair smell like smoke. :/ someone needs to come up with a way to solve this.
  • Candles. again, these are kind of an all year thing but for some reason they just feel like a fall thing to me, y'know?
  • cuddling with a pet :) you can obviously do this anytime but if it's cold out it helps both of you stay warmer. win-win. ;)


this is my cat Rocky. if this doesn't show you his personality, I don't know what would. haha

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." -L.M. Montgomery

What are some of your fall favorites?


8 comments :

  1. Oh what a beautiful list. With spring happening here and summer just around the corner, I am already longing for autumn, and I'm jealous of your boots and cider and crackly leaves. Also, I love the smell of woodsmoke in my hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well don't worry, I'm jealous of your summer! ;) Summer is one of my favorites but I try my best to enjoy all the seasons otherwise I just end up miserable. :p
      I love the smell of smoke, I just don't like how it lingers until I shower and wash my clothes. :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Lovely list! Reading with candles in fall is my go to relax method. Your cat is adorable, by the way <3

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's just the best! Plus, you don't have to worry about lighting being too harsh if it's close to when you're going to bed! Thank you, I happen to think he is too. ;) haha

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. YES for relating! ^_^ Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. yesss. apple flavored everything for the win :) Apple cider is my favorite!

    I live in Texas and it's pretty warm, but Fall is still my favorite season. It's just so cozy. Oh, and your cat is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HIGH FIVE!! Apple cider is amazing! ^_^
      haha It was still pretty warm here in NC when I wrote this post, but fall just wins. ;) Thank you for commenting!!

      Delete