Goodbye, summer



How in the world did September sneak up on us like this?? I haven't done a life update in a while so I figured it was about time to tell y'all some of what I've been up to these past few months. :)


I turned 18!


Had a fun weekend with these lovelies.


 Met a friend!


 And another friend!


Went to Lake Michigan! The water was absolutely FREEZING- I had goosebumps the entire short time I was in it. I also saw my first lighthouse in person. :)


 Flew for the first time - by myself! Also, airports aren't as hard to navigate as I thought. I was a tiny bit nervous I would miss my connecting flight but I made it with 5 minutes to spare (busy airport, short layover, and a long way to walk). My sister told me I would probably hate flying because I'm afraid of heights, but I was fine and I also didn't feel sick at all! I loved flying and was SO glad I booked a window seat. 10/10 would recommend. ;)


 And I've been baking....a lot. ;) These cappucino muffins were just the start.


This became peach fritters! ^_^


I also made a peach pie, among other things! (we've had many peaches this summer)


Two things I'd never done before -lattice crust and a braided edge. :) I was pretty dang proud of that pie. ;)


 I went to visit Savannah recently. :) This is her cat and part of her living room.


Savannah, me, and Abigail at a softball game - we didn't coordinate outifts on purpose, I promise.


 We repaired and updated our deck! My uncle and two of my brothers took 4 days to work on it and then we spent 2 days/12 hours painting. I helped paint for 11 of those hours. When we were done, I was so. sore.
This is before.


 During...


and after! It looks so much better and feels a lot safer, too.


one thing you may have noticed from the above photos, especially if you've followed me for at least a year, is that I'm growing my hair back out a bit. :) I took this photo about a week ago, so it's very recent proof of progress being made. ;)


I also have a job now, which I am extremely grateful for. :)
It's my sister's 20th birthday today, so we're going to a concert tonight! ^_^
What are y'all up to? How was your summer? Have you gone back to school?

xx


read: Oaks & Piper, An Open Letter to the Artist // watch: Overcoming hopelessness


10 comments :

  1. Happy (late) 18th birthday! :) You got to fly on a plane by yourself? Lucky! It's an experience that I would love to undergo, but until I leave off for college, which won't be for another several years, nothing's going to happen much. :/

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I did! It was a very out-of-the-blue realization that a visit to one of my friends would be possible, and that I was able to buy a ticket to go see her, so I found a way to make it work. ^_^
      Aw, well, I guess at least you can look forward to it? :)

      Thanks for commenting! xx

      Delete
  2. YOUR HAIR IS SO CUTE. And your baking...I wanna come over and visit. ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu! (^_^) hehe Yes, come visit and I will bake for you!! :D

      Delete
  3. Happy (belated) Birthday! Mmmm your baking looks fab! Great post <3

    ~Lauren x

    ~ My Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! <3 I appreciate the comment! ^_^

      xx

      Delete
  4. Happy be-lated Birthday! By the way, I love the length of your hair, you look adorable :) I am so tempted to cut mine again. Grass is always greener, ya know?

    All your treats look delicious! Now i'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you!! I know what you mean! I grow my hair out, then I want it short, then I remember why I grew it back out, etc. haha!

      Thanks so much for commenting!! :) <3

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, I'm in love with how your hair is turning out. <3 Happy (late) birthday, girly! :) <3 Sounds like you had an awesome summer.

    xx Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh well thank you!! ^_^ <3 You're the sweetest!
      xx

      Delete