the elusive bookworm



(mwahaha learning how to edit internet pages was probably the best thing I ever did)

Reading is awesome and is something I have always been passionate about. (if you don't believe me, there's a little story at the beginning of my updated about page that will make you believe it ;)) I know a lot of people don't have as much time for it during the rest of the year as they do during the summer. Personally, I have always tried to read as much as I can all the time, because once I get stuck in a reading rut, it's hard to get me back out.
Since I love books so much, I thought it was only natural that I would talk about those printed-on-paper beauties.


(some of my favorites out of the books I own in print-sorry for the poor quality photos)

Part of the reason I like books (other than enjoying the story) is because they get me thinking. I'm curious about everything, and I'm empathetic, so I like to try to put myself in the shoes of the character and understand why characters are the way they are and why they do what they do. (AKA I like to figure people out...which is why at one point I considered a career in counseling. true story.) Stories inspire me to find deeper meanings, and somehow I always find a way to connect with them.

What are you reading right now? I think a peek at someone's bookshelf helps you get to know people better. :) I have incredibly varied tastes in everything (I already said I'm curious about everything- I'm also interested in pretty much everything too!) so at the moment I've got a few different books sitting in my current stack, including The Penderwicks in Spring, Surrender Bay, Paper Towns, and As You Wish. :)

What's your favorite part of the experience of reading a book? your favorite book? :)

xx Sarah

read these!!! one // two // three

4 comments :

  1. Since I never was let out of the house much when I was younger, I would always fall back on books for comfort and for company. Maybe they are part of the reason why I think so much about everything, too; they tend to open my eyes up to different situations and perspectives, and part of the reason why I joined a program at my school that did just that.

    The books you have currently are simply fantastic; I want to read the fourth Penderwicks book so bad because they were a childhood favorite of mine, but it's nowhere to be found among the shelves of the library that I visit to every week. :/ I hope to get my hands on it before summer ends! ^-^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my post! It means a lot to me! :)
      Ahh yes! I knew the book was coming out this year so I had to read it. :) My library doesn't have it either, so I had to put a hold on it to get a copy from another library in our county. Hopefully you can find a copy somewhere to be able to read it soon! ^_^ It's very good so far!

      Delete
  2. Your blog is gorgeous! Here is my link! http://castleintheair-inspired.blogspot.com/

    xxLizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - Gracie ( imgraciejean.blogspot.com ) did a good job on it!! :) Thanks for following and commenting. :)

      xx Sarah

      Delete