Just a brunette and a blonde with an unbreakable bond.



5 years ago today at a camp hidden in the mountains of North Carolina, it was free time, shortly before dinnertime...suppertime...whatever you call it. ;)
I knew who she was because our older sisters were really good friends, but we hadn't actually met yet. It was pretty dark out and I was sitting on a wooden swing, alone, after playing gaga (...that's actually a game. not talking about lady gaga here. lol) and realizing I was horrible at it ;) so I was kind of just sitting there. Then Savannah comes up to me and asks if I know what time it is, and we introduce ourselves. She was almost 10. I was 12. And that was the start. We had lots of fun that week and I was sad when she had to go home a day early because she got really sick--I think she still blames it on that blender game from the day before. ;)

We exchanged addresses and she gave me her email. When I got home I had gotten a letter from her already!! I was shocked she had sent one so quickly! :p
So I wrote her back, and then we talked on the phone every once in a while, emailed back and forth some, and Skyped occasionally, but we weren't really very close, that is, until last year.
Our friend who usually went to the beach with Savannah and her family couldn't go last year and so Savannah was upset and her mom suggested me because "she's always liked you." lol Savannah was like "I don't know why I didn't think of that!" so when we were chatting on Facebook one day she asked me if I'd like to go. :) Of course I wanted to, I'd never been to the beach before! (kind of funny seeing I was born like 20 minutes from a beach and had lived pretty close to it for a good portion of my life. we just had never gone.) So I talked to my mom about it and having been through some really rough stuff recently (and also basically having no friends at the time *cough*) she was like "Yeah, I think it'll be good for you. I just need to meet her parents first."

So from then on we got to know each other better and we would chat and Skype all the time looking forward to the beach. :)
In July of last year we finally made plans for our parents to meet. They drove 3 hours to come to our house one Sunday and spent a few hours here talking and just enjoying each others' company. :)

July 2013 -- reunited for the first time in nearly 4 years!

About a week and a half later we met at a Hardees (we have pictures of the sign and now call it 'our Hardees' because we meet there every time) for her family to take me to their house for a couple days before I went to the beach with them. Talk about excited! XD
We've gotten to meet up again a few more times since then, for like a week each time (#homeschoolerprivileges), and I have enjoyed each and every one of them. ^_^

August 2013

August 2013 arriving at the beach

photoshoot at the beach August 2013

Dec 2013/January 2014 --for a ball/New Years
(I ACTUALLY WORE HOOPS IN THIS PICTURE BUT YOU CAN'T TELL)
l-r: Savannah, me, my sissy Moriah, Vannah's sister Kayla, and Megan.

April 2014 --this was after the retreat I'm writing about
(she edited and sent me this photo for my birthday ^_^)

on the way back from the beach last month (sorry to the peeps i cropped out lol :p )

(and when we don't get to see each other we chat a lot, and text, and sometimes facetime or skype ^_^  by the way, with our friend Joy, we call ourselves a 'terrific trio'. these skype pictures are from when joy was at my house and we skyped savannah. we've never actually all been in the same place at the same time but we have all met each other. crazy huh?)



Sometimes I find it hard to believe we've known each other for so long, but our friendship has really grown over the years and I am so thankful for it. There have been times where she's helped pull me out of a funk, for which I am grateful.
We make each other laugh all the time and have so many inside jokes by now sometimes I forget about some of them. :p
I'm pretty sure I don't appreciate you often enough, because God has seriously blessed me with putting you in my life. <3
Thank you so much for your friendship dear girl! I love you!!
#sarannah4ever ;p

read//listen


No comments :

Post a Comment