Fog





sometimes fog is like a big, dark pit
void of feeling
gnawing away at your insides
and you just can't get rid of it

other times it's a frantic, busy fog.
my mind is racing
i have so many thoughts,
but i can't find my way through the bog

in those racing times,
i'm impatient, can't sit still.
i keep thinking 'i need less noise.'
and 'maybe i'll go sit by the windowsill.'

but those empty times,
those happen, and hurt, the most.
when i'm in this void
i feel like a ghost

it's scratching, eating, wearing me down
slowly but surely
i'm numb all around.
i can't shake it off
because it's not just a mood
you see, it's about chemicals in my brain,
i'm not some stupid fool.

i don't choose to be this way,
in fact i try hard
to see colors other than gray,
it doesn't really work, but i keep up my guard

can you see it there, beyond my weary smile?
can you see it there behind my tired eyes?
there's something more back there you may not realize
there's pain, and love, and loss, and hurt
if you wait a while, I'll let my guard down for you,
but see, I'm afraid of getting burnt.

so let me throw off this fear,
I'll let you inside,
just promise not to disappear
once you know what the fog's like.





4 comments :

  1. This is such a beautiful poem!! Your words just speak to me. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful... it made me bring tears into my eyes:')
    You are such a talented writer, do keep posting your writing works!:)
    Looking forward to your future posts, you have a new follower xx
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you so much! ^_^ It means a lot to me!
      I've checked out your blog, it's quite lovely, so I followed you back. :)
      xx

      Delete