In which I search for a dog, and other happenings




I had quite an adventure one day while searching for my neighbor's dog for 2 hours.

Trudged through mud, woods, and fields, rode my bike all over the neighborhood, and ran across a busy street to go door-to-door asking folks if they'd seen a yellow lab.

Talked to some people who worked for a sketch sounding company, and also made friends with an old woman living up the road a ways. "If y'all are ever walking back this way again, stop in and say hey."

In my rush to go help my neighbor when they asked me to help them assemble a search party, I put on two mismatching socks (not even the kind that are supposed to look mismatched) and shoved my hair into an awful ponytail.

Two hours later, someone else had found the dog and brought him back (while we were out), but another neighbor identified the dog and called us to let us know we could stop looking.

After the adventure, I'd say I got a pretty good workout in that evening, without really thinking about it. My running shoes were coated in slippery red mud, my bike's tires in wet grass, and my hands with callouses from my handlebars. I drank my raspberry Arizona iced tea that night relishing in the fact that the dog was home safe (albeit he knew he was in trouble and has lost his since freedom of the outdoors), and looking like a mess.

What has been happening in your 'neck of the woods' recently? :)

I am sitting over here, enjoying the sunny warm weather, and catching up on my correspondences (emails and letters). I've been praying for spring weather to finally stay put because it has snowed five or six times here this year and while I love snow sometimes, I cannot handle the constant cold (or so I've told myself). So I've caught beach fever and am looking forward to the constant 80's° and 90's° every day for a few months straight while I soak up some rays and get delightfully tan.
Flip flop weather (AKA barefoot weather) is my favorite. What's yours?


xoxo Sarah


p.s. I have more writing, (much more substantial writing) coming very soon. I just decided to post this as a bit of a tease and proof I'm not dead since it's been almost a month since I last posted. ;)

6 comments :

  1. I think the sun is staying for good now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe then it was. but it definitely is now ;) :p

      Delete
  2. The only thing happening is music, tea, and some sort of horribly lovely headache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww :( I am sorry about your headache, although I would assume (and hope) it's gone by now. haha
      Those other things sound lovely though. :)

      Delete
  3. Aww nice to help your neighbour in finding their dog. Nothing exciting happening with me, but I'm enjoying the warm weather I'm having recently. Missed the sun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It was my pleasure to help them. That's awesome. :) The sun is always nice and I LOOOOOVE warm weather. :D

      Delete