letting go of the past

(_)

Maybe you've stitched it up again
only to have it torn back open,
maybe you've gotten tired of cleaning
all the wounds, all the harsh words that were spoken,
maybe you let them sit there, and they fester
until they've gotten worse and worse
and you become bitter with yourself,
or with the person who made you hurt.
Maybe you don't see a point in forgiving
if it's going to continue.

You're tired of being stabbed,
tired of being let down time and time again.
You want to remove the barbed wire from around your soul,
the scars on your heart that now make you whole.
But the thing is, those scars hold you together now,
they make you different.
They are who you are and you have to look at them.
Learn from those scars the lessons you need,
take from them and keep moving on ahead.
You can do it, I know you can, you just have to know
how to let go of the past and let God take control.



xoxo, learning to let go,
Sarah

12 comments :

  1. this is beautiful. the way you ended it with hope was very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you as always for you encouraging words, dear. :) There's always hope, isn't there?

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is just so beautiful! Amazing writing Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was flawless. Amazing.
    Thank you for that, Sarah. (By the way, I love the photo you have of yourself on the sidebar!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laurel! I have to fight you on saying that it's flawless...haha but Thanks. :D
      Aww thank you. <3 My sweet friend Savannah had me model for her on the beach last summer. :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness. That was FLAWLESS. Everything about that was perfect! I am sooooo glad I happened to stumble across your blog. I'll be looking forward to all of your posts now! =D
    xx
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I really love your design by the way!

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! :D <3 I'm so glad you liked this, and thank you for your sweet word about my blog. :)

      Delete